Wednesday 12 August 2015

The Gentlemen's Agreement


FORMER NU-LABOUR PRIME MINISTER TONY BLAIR ON THE JEREMY CORBYN CAMPAIGN FOR LEADER OF THE LABOUR PARTY:
“I wouldn’t want to win on an old fashioned leftist platform, even if I thought it was the route to victory, I wouldn’t take it.”

 Mr Blair ridiculed those who said their “heart” wanted to back the leftwinger, declaring: “Get a transplant”. (HUFFINGTON POST, 22/7/15)

“If Jeremy Corbyn becomes leader it won’t be a defeat like 1983 or 2015 at the next election. It will mean rout, possibly annihilation." (THE GUARDIAN ONLINE, 12/8/15)

TONY BLAIR ON FORMER TORY PRIME MINISTER MARGARET THATCHER:
 
"I always thought my job was to build on some of the things she had done rather than reverse them."

"Many of the things she said, even though they pained people like me on the left... had a certain creditability." (BBC ONLINE, 8/4/13)

"As a person she was kind and generous spirited and always very supportive of me as Prime Minister... (although they came from different parties)." London24, 8/4/13

1 comment:

  1. "even if I thought it was the route to victory, I wouldn't take it." There's no surprises there Tony, you have been consorting with these bastards too long not to catch their virus. But it's not all about you. It's about rescuing the poor buggers being stifled and oppressed by Tory policies. They would like a Labour victory because it would save them from any more austerity and oppression - or had you forgotten that was what you used to believe in?

    ReplyDelete